CCA Oregon’s Accomplishments
- Facing the short-term extinction of wild steelhead runs on the Willamette River and excessive unnatural predation of Columbia River stocks, CCA Oregon led the effort to pass federal legislation to streamline and increased sea lion removals. CCA partnered with the Columbia River Treaty Tribes and other organizations to secure passage of this legislation in 2018.
- CCA’s advocacy protected near shore oceans fisheries from sweeping, arbitrary closures.
- CCA Oregon secured long-sought restrictions to transition gillnets off the mainstem of the lower Columbia River.
- CCA Oregon established recreational angling as the priority for the lower Columbia River.
- CCA Oregon fought to maintain and increase hatchery fish for harvest.
- CCA Oregon has consistently addressed avian and pinniped predation.